06 June 2006

WINTER DAZE

June 1 is the first day of winter here in Oz. But i thought it already started a month ago, when i have to wear almost five layers of clothes when i go to work. I like winter because I have to wear winter clothes - which i find really chic. Hand gloves, scarves, beannies, jumpers, thick and thicker jackets, leg warmers. Different colors but mostly made of wool and warmer materials. I hate winter because I have to wear winter clothes - which i find really daggy. And I hate layering. I also look really bulky and fatter. I like winter because when you walk with really warm clothes, you can feel the fresh and cold air in your face and it is really refreshing. I hate winter because when you walk with really flimsy clothes, cold gets into the core of your being and you can really make a bloody oath against this season and wish it be summer again. Winter is finally here. We had 8 degrees yesterday and it is really freezing! I love and I hate winter.

5 comments:

j said...

Aww, I wish we have Winters here in the Philippines :)

David Tellez said...

Shut up, it's really winter there right now? WOW...over here in Tucson, it's summer and were in the three digits. What I wouldnt give to have that splash of ice-cold air hit my face right about now...

vina said...

hi jase! the closest thing i got to experiencing winter is autumn, there in sydney!

and boy, did i love the cold air hitting my face. and the wardrobe...black tights with short skirt, boots, trench coat...ooooh, i miss that. it would be crazy to dress like that here.

ayan tuloy, miss ko australia.

duke said...

ditto on your winter feeling. I never liked it. I am such a summer person!

tin-tin said...

i hope i can experience winter :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin