27 June 2006

LESSONS FROM HYSTERIA LANE

We have this unwanted climber visitor in our garden which I have been trying to kill for over three years now. It is devouring by asphyxiation all the other plants we have. And it is attracting a lot of white aphids. Someone told me its beautiful name before but I cannot remember now ... Actually it is something like ivy... yes, maybe Poison Ivy... reminded me of the lovely Uma Thurman in Batman the movie. And the evil characteristics! Well, anyway, this weed or climber is actually growing from our neighbor and it climbed up over the trees and fence and now it is lording or maybe the right word is reigning over all the other plants and flowers and even managed to climb and really flourish on top of our garage's rooftop. Ohhh yes, this plant is so unruly and has a mind of its own. I constantly weed it out, pull it out of its entanglings, cut it out over and over again only to be greeted the following days or weeks of its new healthy growth. Annoying me. Haunting me. You could not kill this plant unless you weed out the main root which is in our neighbor, my friends said. So all I could really do is to continue what I have been doing, or I could report this problem to the council to end my suffering. All I want is a low maintenance garden, and this climber is making it sooo difficult! Our neighbor apparently loves this climber for they are not being bothered at all. It covered their whole area and provides them the only greenery they have and hides all the dirt in their garden. And we really do not talk to our neighbor, not after previous disputes. Well, I thought what would Bree of the Desperate Housewives do in this case? Of course, she would not give up the fight this easily. She would definitely find a way to succeed. But then there are fights that you cannot win and the only thing you have to do is to turn the problem into a "bearable situation" you can live with. Like with all the other things I could not change, I might just actully surrender, give up this little fight, and welcome this plant as my official garden guest! In winter time, it is covered with lively blue purplish flowers, which somehow enlivens the dead garden... and maybe my only true consolation!

9 comments:

vina said...

i'm bree of the desperate housewives, so let me tell you, i can and will do something about that poison ivy of yours, even if i have to weed out everything else along the way!

take care jase! mwah!

yuri said...

vina lagi na lang. l swear. hahahaha ako din yun. are u my soul mate?

hmmmm... what to , buy herbicide and tossed to ur neighbor's garden. thatbshould do the trick. heheehe

Heidi Grether said...

The wheat and tares grow together. . . and the Gardener prunes.

Love your new profile photo!

Buffy said...

So pretty to be so mean. :)

Gayzha said...

hi vina: can u pls come over here and do the dirty job, pronto!

hi yuri: me thinks that vina nga is your soulmate sister,he,he,he

hi hattigrace: thanks, i followed ur advise on my hair.

buffy: yes, you are right that plant is really pretty and mean!

vina said...

weeeeeeeh! soulmates tayong TATLO ano ba! di pa ba obvious? hahaha

basta, pag umuwi kayo dito, don't forget to holler.

jase, libre mo ko sa pamasahe. tapos ang problema mo diyan! malay mo, yuri might be able to join me!

Anonymous said...

My dear I think you should sneak in at your neighbour's garden at night and de weed that biatch of a plant. Though I find it lovely actually...hehehhe

duke said...

I'm not good with plants. I don't know how to kill weeds but I do admire your "proactiveness" in this situation.

Maybe you should grow your own "ivy" and let it creep to the mentioned vine sharing neighbor ;)

Gardenia said...

nice photos. uh, those "weeds" are kinda pretty - kinda like some kinda love, (or lovers) they are beautiful, but controling...hahahah, I've been there too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin