26 June 2006

WHAT IT IS LIKE FOR A BOY....

do you know..... ??? I was humming this song in my head thinking of a good title for this post. Weekend was plain and simple - as always, but then came Sunday morning. I was awakened by my mobile's alert for a new text message. At 10 in the morning, I was still very sleepy but when I was half reading the message from my younger brother - our youngest, living in Sydney - that his wife delivered a baby boy on Saturday, I was just like Whaaaattttt!!! It was a surprise - for I did not know that my sister in law was even pregnant. Well, all of us in the family did not have a clue. And so the coming of the baby boy was just a big big big pleasant and wonderful surprise! That ended my quiet and peaceful weekend. I immediately called my sister and told her about it and she said - Whaaaattttt? What kind of drugs are you on? ? I told her to read the text in her mobile - and she said "oHHHHH My Gawwwd!" And so that was like the rest of the family! I rang my brother and he was very ecstatic and though I could not hide my joy and surprise, I asked him why on earth did they not told us in the first place - and that is like nine months of not telling us - is like not being considered part of the family at all. I for one would not or could not hide this (if i would get preggie, of course! not!), unless there is a real and big reason not to (another story!). Just for the sake of a surprise is just a big surprise - for all it is, is not coming out as a surprise !!! Well, not in this category. What happened with the word FAMILY ??? So I was with mixed emotions. But that warm happy welcoming feeling of having another member of the family - a baby boy - won over and I had this chance of celebrating this on my own by listening to a CD I bought last friday - what a coincidence since it was all about boys... like my subconscious was preparing me for this finale...like I kept on seeing little cute baby boys on Saturday as well, not knowing that somewhere out there, a boy in the family has just arrived. It is "Les Choristes". I have the DVD and saw it once. Now just to refresh my memory- I saw it again last night, after listening to the CD. Well aside from the fact, that I love anything Frenchy, I was really touched to the core by the angelic voices of these boys plus I needed a big purging of emotions or "catarhsis". I almost cried at first - well, shamelessly I actually cried a buckett afterwards .... for joy and all that there is to Life. For those just felt and not seen. Cheers!!!

8 comments:

vina said...

Jase sweetie, first thing: thank you so much for the birthday greeting. i appreciate it very much.

second, congratulations to you and to your brother! at least noh, consistent siya at di niya kayo sinabihan LAHAT for the duration of his wife's pregnancy, hehe.

tin-tin said...

hahaha. congratulations to your brother and his wife! well, you're still connected as a brother because the CD you bought is really for the occassion, which you don't know then :)

j said...

Congratulations on having a baby boy in the family Jase dear.
Oh babies are cute, they're so adorable and they smell good all the time :)

David Tellez said...

OMG! How on earth do you keep a surprise like that hidden?! I mean, I guess it's feasible, since Hunter Tylo did it once. Remember? She sued the late Aaron Spelling after she was fired from Melrose Place for saying she was pregnant. According to Spelling's reps, Tylo's character needed to be hot and being pregnant did not equal hot. The case was thrown out, when it was revealed that she was already eight months pregnant and not a few weeks, like everyone thought. No one knows how she pulled it off, but maybe her and your sister-in-law share some secrets...

shellz said...

Hi Jase! Congrats to you, your brother and your sister-in-law. That must have been quite a surprise!

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. You really made my day and gave me a glow. I love your positive tone and energy. I hope you don't mind, I am going to add you to my links list. See you soon, and have a great night!!

Gardenia said...

Wellllll, maybe this baby was like a Christmas present. It was supposed to be under wraps until it was the right time! Have fun being an uncle...when you look in his eyes, you will be looking at a miracle!

yuri said...

i've watched this french movie and i love it. my gosh that bot can SING! i especially love pepinot, the teacher's pet. hahahaha kamukha nya yung lalaki khit na lumaki na sya hahahaha

duke said...

jase I think your brother and his wife are very good in hiding the fact that she was pregnant. WOW! talk about self control. Normally people would announce to the world that they are expecting a baby. At least different di ba?! I'm sure it was nothing personal :)

Speaking of Les Choristes, I used to have this thing for one of their songs in the album. I always had a last song syndrome for "Vois Sur Ton Chemin". I used to sing it with my mother in law just to annoy the day out of my husband.
Take note: I sing it a la Les Choristes! bwahahahaha!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin