15 January 2009

DRAG SHOW DIARY- JAN 09

Venue : The Opium Den
January 14, 2009
Performance 1
Kylie Minogue's Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Asian Flavor (Black Afro) Comedy Version
Performance 2
Kylie Minogue's On a Nite Like This (Showgirl concert Version)
Inputs: Asian Flavor with twirling orange and pink fans in fuschia pink wig!
------
My first show in 2009. I thought it was a bit hard to choose a proper number. First you have to choose something that you know or could easily memorize and internalize. Second, pick something that is really strong - - - that is when played on the stage should really give that x factor impact. Third, consider tha audience (which is a bit hard to determine), and Fourth, you have to prepare your costumes and other tricks to make the number effective and memorable.
.
It is a bit of a long trip especially for a new drag queen. I had more than one month hiatus in doing the make up and I was panicking last night. I thought I forgot all the tricks!
.
People were very nice though and the other drag queens were really friendly!
.
I somehow enjoyed catching up!

3 comments:

karmi said...

I love the pink wig. You look like a candy! How does it feel to perform in front of many people? I'm just curious.

Gayzha said...

Thanks Karmi...Well it all depends on your performance and the audience' reaction. If they are silent, there is something wrong - or you have totally amazed them! When they are clapping and shouting - it means you are effective - and you feel fulfilled as an actor. Yes, you get a different high when you are on stage! I love it!

Anonymous said...

i hope i can see you perform on stage

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin