23 February 2006

YES MATE, YOUR NOKIA BATTERY IS FAKE!

For nearly two months now I have been finding my new Nokia 6270 low on battery every other day - and I have not even used the radio or camera or anything that would probably eat up a lot of power.
Could you imagine going out one day and expecting an important call and all of a sudden your mobile died on you even as you just charged it the other day. Honestly, i am bit frustrated with the mobile - despite all its features which I am not using anyway. I was happy with the previous one (Nokia 6600) although it was a bit bulky and the photos are lower in resolution.
Now, I am seriously thinking and worried that afterall the hassles in buying this mobile in Greenbelt, Manila, that I got a dud. Well, we spend almost two days finding out what is the best model and for the money spent for this it should be the best among the choices. Well, honestly, I only want a radio with the mobile so I only have to charge one equipment (instead of charging an Ipod or an mp3 player). FM radio is fine with me. And this model has a good radio feature in it.
So I went to Telstra and Optus mobile shops to find out what is happening. Only to confirm my suspicion that we do not have this model yet in Australia -( as in we are always late here in terms of mobile tech). Could not help me with anything except to change my charger which has the Aussie electrical plug in it - but basically it is the same as what I have.
Now I am being obssessed charging and charging - and compared with 6600, this one does not beep when it is fully charged - really erriee, as I am used to being beeped so I stop charging it. Have I overcharged my battery?
My next stop was to check the website of Nokia. After reading again all the features ( as I did not bother reading the manual), once could actually check whether the battery is an authentic Nokia battery. Yes, the battery has that golden hologram with logo and hands shaking with four black dots - and then with scratchable ink to reveal 20 digit codes. Came up my response from the online checking - my battery is valid.
So what is wrong with my mobile? Who knows! I would not even bother knowing now as long I could charge it - to solve the problem of persistent low bat - I bought two chargers- one at work and one at home. Well I just have to wait until this year ends and I am going back again to upgrade to a new better model.
So I could say bye to Model 6270, and until the battery stays alive for six or even five days, I definitely not recommending it to friends, despite its glorious features as you can see !

Nokia always recommends the use of original Nokia batteries with Nokia phones to ensure safety, performance, and warranty coverage. To make it easier to identify original Nokia batteries, as of late 2004 we've started adding a coded hologram to them. Please note that during the transition phase, many original Nokia batteries available on the market will not have this hologram. batteries with a Hologram Label Does your Nokia Battery feature a hologram? Now you can authenticate the hologram and code:

2 comments:

David Tellez said...

Yeah, that's why I dont do anything Nokia. I had a Nokia phone when I was a freshman, and I hated it! It always gave me a lot of problems. Give me Samsung, Motorola, or even Sidekick, and I'm a happy camper! Good luck with your phone, though.

Gayzha said...

Can u believe that this mobile is really making me sick. I have to wait for another year to return this. Hopefully it will find its way to work alright.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin