13 February 2006

PET SHOP ME SERIOUSLY

PET SHOP BOYS Reinterpreted Seriously
One of the best shows I have seen this Midsumma is a stunner, and I was willing enough to pay $40 for this one 80 minute show, and of course that’s times two, as there were two of us. Well, I grew up with the music of Pet Shop Boys (Rent, What have I done to deserve this, It’s a Sin, Being boring, A Red Letter Day) are all highschool and college stuff ( 1980’s and even earlier) – and they are being played over and over again on the radio and in discos and clubs. Well, you could not stop yourself from tapping your feet, swaying your hips and start grooving and even do some slut dancing when any Pet Shop Boys are played - I lurv the intro for You are always on my mind.
They are so cool during that time and even today they still get huge following – as in most of the pop music are born out of Pet Shop Boys dramatics. Of course Pet Shot Boys’s music, has a large gay and lesbian fan base as many lyrics are tinged with gay interpretations and the techno underlay appeals to the clubbers. The show as I said was fantastic – as it strung together most of the PSB’s music without losing the songs integrity and brought to life a show just like Mama Mia (ABBA) which I saw twice.

My favourite song of course is Rent: by : Tennant/Lowe------- (Again... Again... Again... Ooooh (Again... Again... Again... Again... ...) You dress me up, I'm your puppet You buy me things, I love it You bring me food, I need it You give me love, I feed it And look at the two of us in sympathy With everything we see I never want anything, it's easy You buy whatever I need But look at my hopes, look at my dreams The currency we've spent(Ooooh) I love you, oh, you pay my rent(Ooooh) I love you, oh, you pay my rent You phone me in the evening on hearsay And bought me caviar You took me to a restaurant off Broadway To tell me who you are We never-ever argue, we never calculate The currency we've spent (Ooooh) I love you, oh, you pay my rent (Ooooh) I love you, you pay my rent(Ooooh) I love you, oh, you pay my rent

2 comments:

duke said...

I was just humming Seasons of Love from Rent... love that song!

Gayzha said...

hmmmm... me too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin