21 February 2006

TRUE FRIENDS ANYONE?

Today I wasn't in my best of times, as I woke up with a major headache and had to drag myself to the shower fifteen minutes before 8:10 the time I need to go out of our backgate and to the trainstation catching the train at 8:20 in order to be at work at 8:30 or so. Anyway, I thought this is a day that I need to take my sickie but then I am not really sick and I thought that I better reserve this for the really stormy rainy days when I could not really get out of the bed and go to shower to work. (Whewww, that was a long sentence!). Anyway again, I was in deep morose mood and I kept on thinking about negative things - such as all my failures in life, lost friends, lost this and that, what could have beens, what would be the future, etc. etc... and my mind was just like an unending train of thoughts .... and things did not go well either at work, like everything that could go bad went worse and so on, like even my stapler did not staple very well in most instance and I kept on dropping things and when I picked them up they seemed to slip away from my hands again.... just like that, and i thought that i am getting really sicko....and that I maybe a secret cancer or disease is creeping on me like a thief in the night ... ohhh my paranoid self. Anyway, there was no one to talk to quickly .... except Ruthie, my friend who is now living in Brisbane with her husband.... Well, I called her and just told her that I am so tired and she immediately knew what was going on....she just said that all I needed was a big day of rest - like total getting away from everything...and enjoy life...(well, that is exactly what she is doing. After five years of toiling in Melbourne..she just decided to leave last December and went to sunny Brisbane and just loafing around) She said again that though it is a cliche it is true that ...life is so short and with what we are doing, we are not really enjoying and living life the fullest. We work and work - for what??? What is important is that we enjoy life and not just work, work and work.... Well, i thinks she is damned right and she made me smile and made my day so easy afterwards.... true friends are like that.... like a hot cup of tea that keeps us warm after a cold winter day or night.

2 comments:

David Tellez said...

Damn, I wish I had your friend to talk to! Instead, I gotta learn the hard way to follow my dreams and never get up. Life is too short, and I so do not wanna be one of those people that reflects and regrets.

And as for the sick days...I only use mine when I feel so good, I cant go to work. Dont waste yours on being sick.

Gayzha said...

you mean never give up...yes, thanks for the advise, it's no use taking the sickie when you are sick, indeed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin