03 May 2006

AS YOUNG AS I FEEL ... AGELESS BITCH !!!

I deliberately forgot to blog or mention about my bloody birthday, if you know what i mean.
It's not that i don't want to celebrate this supposedly important day because i do, but when people began asking how old I've become, I just felt like wringing the neck of the person who remembered and announced it's my birthday.
I am talking about people at work.
Two weeks ago, I had my xxth birthday.
Of course, the office birthday cake and and the usual question, followed by disbelief, surprise and amazement from people thinking that I am only in my early twenties or even younger.
Telling them my true age (which is 27) is useless for they surely would not believe it.
Is it being a sin to be so youthful looking at this age?
A shameless vanity, so to speak!
So this time, I just let them guess how old I am this year (especially those who were not around last time) and their guess is good and true enough for them. I am only 23 :) Yes, for them!
So I won't tell you how old I am in terms of years, months and days, hours, minutes, etc in this world because even if I tell you a hundred times, you would not believe it.... for the truth is,
I look and feel like five years younger than my earthly age.
Me and my friends who are really youthful looking and acting, believe that we are really AGELESS BITCHES. We have conquered the laws of ageing, the laws of nature! By digressing instead of progressing into old old age.... I wish....
I don't really know. It could be genetic.
A combination of lifesytle, attitude, philosophy in life. Whatever. All I really care is that I feel healthy and I am enjoying life the best I could.
I think that is what is more important ... than this number of years we call AGE which we sometimes use to judge, discriminate and classify human beings into!
Yes Virginia, 27 years old is near 30, when you are classified as really really OLD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BELATED happy Birthday!!!

You will always be ageless and fabulous :D

Heidi Grether said...

okay, in feb i did a post called AGE, i think, and i worked through this whole issue. i was not very happy ab turning 50, even though no one thinks i am that "old". i had started lying about my age. a lot of it was fear issues.

anyway, for me, i discovered the truth was very freeing. and i think people percieve us as we percieve ourselves. i got HAPPY about my age and got over my aging fears. and everyone has celebrated with me.

i am only telling you my choice. no lecture here!

so glad to have a comment from you w/ your new address. i hated to lose contact w/ you.

much love, hg

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin