25 October 2005

AN ODE TO A SECRET GARDEN

When I was around eight or nine, I usually just played alone. I liked being by myself just walking around our village ( I come from the province of Davao) which was still full of different kinds of trees and shrubs (coconuts, bananas, mangoes, papaya, lanzones, etc), a little bit of rainforest nearby and we even have a natural spring just walking distance from home. I remember enjoying the solitary walks in the afternoon (feeling like Pocahontas) when it rained the night before – small nooks and crannies are filled with water – sparkling clear and undiluted, I thought you can even play and bath in it, as do these nymphs of dragonflies. I walk barefooted or with my thongs – I love the coolness of the water, pebbles, stones and grass under my feet. With these cool clear water flowing and finding its way to the river, the stones and rocks shone with their natural colors of blue, gray and brown and sometimes red - really amazing colors. I love them. And with these clear waters, I could see small fishes (gurami and catfishes) and tadpoles swimming with the flow. They usually took my attention - catching them with my hands to be kept in my own aquarium. I could get easily lost in this wonderful place where my childhood adventures were born and real. I think it was during these jubilant walks when I developed my strong love for nature – and that feeling of belonging to this beautiful place where beauty, peace, tranquillity and joy abounds. Ahh, my authentic self. Nothing compares to my secret garden - - - where magic is real and I am totally free. Where art thou?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm enjoying reading every "new" entries here. Infact what caught me is the art.

Like I said, if we have the past, it's a nice thing to really look back and share them.

Masarap ang lanzones, nun pag may kumakain nyan sa amin lagi kong sinasabi sa nanay ko "ang yaman nila".

Anonymous said...

OMG jhaya - you changed your skin again!!! better though than the last one. cleaner and simpler layout and colours are calming...

duke said...

hey jhaya!

You art is really nice. Do you do this online? galeng!

when I think of my childhood memories, I sometimes wish that I get warped back into that time and enjoy the simple joys I had...(sigh!)

Gayzha said...

hi everyone, i am just so happy seeing all of you visiting my site - my very loyal friends...

knoizki, thanks for your generous comments as usual, it is actually a theraphy for me to make some artwork for my postings - somehow this fulfills my creative side.

isay, thanks for liking the new blogsite look - for a change, i think it is ok. blue background is calming, right.

hi duke, thanks, good that u like it (inspires me to make more, he,he), yeah, we all have our "happy place" and i think this is one of mine which i could always visit in my mind whenever i need to. (sigh too) :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin