25 October 2005

BEAUTY AND THE BITCH

I say a little prayer for you Hoping that one day you wake up And put on just a little bit of make up And not a tad more, please. We all have our own self perceptions (body and face image) which we keep and maintain for dear life as we appear and continue our affairs with the world. These self image could be close to what is real or could be very very warped. Like for instance, I thought that I am of a bit of that skinnier type, but when I looked again I am actually a pudgy fat version of my skinny image and could take on the role of Ms Little Piggy quite easily. I also thought that I could still pass very convincingly as a twenty-something but then when I checked myself again at the mirror last night while doing my beauty routine, my tired old eyes betray it all. Well, my skin still have their youthful appearance but then I could not hide the decades of decadence and experience being revealed in my eyes. I don’t have THAT look of youthful innocence and pure joyful expectations ever present in youth. And I think I've lost that years and years ago. Somehow, we could hold on to our chosen image and maybe live up to it, renovate our faces and bodies, and fake it to death. But then could we really defy the laws of nature?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow this new blog image make an impression that you are a good artist (GALING MO AH!) and a good writer.

Sabi nga kung gaano kahirap ka "ginawa" ng mga magulang mo hindi mo na ito maaring baguhin, pero I think mas maganda kung maganda ang laman ng puso ng isang tao kesa mocca.

Turn off the lights when you look yourself in the mirror para di mo makita ang mga ugat (actually galit ka na nyan pagkita UGAT) sa noo mo. hehehehe.

Say a little prayer indeed.

duke said...

ohh la la... a re-vamped blog!I always believed that you will know a person's age by looking through his eyes.For soem reasons, the eyes just cannot hide the truth.

I don't think you are pudgy (based on the pix I saw before at Isay's blog).

I like the title of this post ---> Beauty and the Bitch! they come together! lol

David Tellez said...

Hey, thanks for checking me out! Anyways, as far as beauty goes, why not try a home microdebrasion kit? I got one from Neutrogena and OMG! my skin is totally glowing and so soft! It's like a home-kit miracle! And if that dont work that's what plastic surgery is for...duh!

Gayzha said...

hi knoizki, salamat naman, at least someone did notice... sa totoo lang i want to do something nice in my blog so all my creative juices just came oozing one day again. I don't want to compare my blog with the others kasi nga no match and then i would just end up being a loser... so i think we just go on and enjoy.

Tama ka jan, we should strive to be good and beautiful in the inside...but then, some of the people that i know can be both beautiful inside and out... that's what i want to become...:) chicka lang...

hi dukezki, looking through the eyes of age talaga, thanks beauty and i am the bitch !

hi David, thanks for coming by, is that really your photo? you look astonished but i like it. really, i should try that, if something happens to my skin, it's your fault, ok? :)

Anonymous said...

interesting post and art.. you should try joining IllustrationFriday.. 8)

anyways, i also believe that youd see the person's age by looking through his eyes.. and im fond of eyes.. they are the gateway to someone's inner thoughts.

and about aging.. pff..dont worry.. count your age not by years, but by friends. and the older you get, the younger you really are inside. oh, divah!

Anonymous said...

jhaya - that's you - beauty and bitch!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin