11 April 2006

LIVING LA VIDA LOCA LOCA

Hi everyone... thanks for dropping by and leaving comments and suggestions. Really appreciated. I am still alive!!! I've finally found time to update my blog. So busy these days. For the past weekends we went to three different trash and treasure markets to get rid of unwanted and trashy stuff that we have identified in the house. This is sooo good. And I really enjoyed selling stuff for dollars and cents. I can't believe what people can sell and buy. I also discovered that I am a very natural seller - and I enjoy talking to all sort of people in the market. So we decided this will be a good way of getting rid of stuff, plus we earn some funds for our house renovation like paints and stuff!! We also started clearing up one room and repainting it. Originally the room was used as a study and the color was horribly green, as in pale dark green like the girl scouts uniform. I've always hated this color since it makes the room really dark and so constricting. We decided to repaint it with alabaster white, with bright pastel yellow as a wall feature and a sunny orange spot on the fireplace wall. The result is fabulously amazing. Really changed the atmosphere and the setting of the room. Well, I will be talking about this more since we plan to do the rooms with different thematic colors. Last Sunday, we went to the Internatioal Flower Festival held every year in Melbourne. It was amazing. As I really love flowers, I took more that a hundred photos and the following are some of them. Hope you enjoy as well.

After days of labor and toil, the sight of these magnificent flowers just lifted up my spirits and made me alive again !!! It was really worth going to that show.

4 comments:

DanieL said...

busy, busy, bee! i hope you had fun purging your stuff to get new ones.

duke said...

wow! That must be a huge garage sale!

I'm glad your house project is turning real good. Keep it up Jace.

Those flowers made me smile. I lurve them :D

David Tellez said...

WOW! Where did y'all sell your stuff at? It's like a giant swap meet or something, which is so cool cuz I love flea markets. They always have something interesting there, you know?

And take some pictures of your fabulous paint job so that we may sit in awe of your coloring technique!

Heidi Grether said...

Loved the flower photos. I am with DT! Wanna see your new color/decorating scheme1 Sounds wonderful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin