18 April 2006

AN EASTER REVUE

As I was kneeling on four, brushing our old "baltic pine" wood floor with opaque lacquer to give it a final gloss, I contemplated on my life and where my values are. Am I becoming more of a slave to material things?
Am I being fearful of days when I/we would be short of cash, jobless and under concession (government aid)?
Am I being terrified of what people would say? Am I being worried more of things that are temporary?
Am I not free? Am I at the brink of insanity? These were questions of penance, is suppose, that lingered on until the end of the easter weekend. Last night, we watched a movie called V, and apart from all the other scenes which were totally forgettable/ludicrous, there was a scene that really grabbed me by the throat. Natalie Portman was imprisoned, stripped, shaved, interrogated, floored down, etc. to the point where she willed to give her life in lieu of the truth. When she was ready to die and give it all, she felt free - for she finally reached that reality than there is more to being just alive. Values such as heroism, love and honor, freedom. In the celebration of the Easter week, I was again reminded that there is more to life than these. The magic of the flowers I captured above, during the International Flower Melbourne Exhibition last week, reveals it all. Peace!

3 comments:

Heidi Grether said...

Love the new look on your blog.
Kind of goes with your more bold paint colors in your house, huh?

FromGodwardThoughts I just wrote down this little verse tonight, as he was writing about fear.

When I cling to earthly things
With in my heart, fear pulls the strings.
Lord, all of these things, take if You must,
For in your Love, I'll place my trust.

I'm gonna meditate on that for a while. Take care!

Gayzha said...

hi hattigrace,

thanks for visiting. i was just into colors these days and my blog did not escape my current obssession. Shades of yellow and blue ...

thanks for the verse and the thoughts.

Gardenia said...

What a lovely, deep, beautiful blog you had this day...you are a most valuable person to know...like your flowers in your photos...a rich, rare jewel in the midst of a field. Love life! Pura Vida!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin