17 July 2009

COLD NIGHTS

TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE
"As recommended by a friend, I found this true to life story very relevant. A synthesis of what is really important, and what makes you truly happy! It made me call my parents in an instant, and somehow re-affirm my love and concern for all of them ... still there are people and friends that I have to make peace with in due course ... and so with all these realisation and reminders, I pinned to this book"
.
FOUR PURPLE RIBBONS
----

.
.
MEMORY KEEPER'S DAUGHTER
"I was totally engrossed with this book and could feel the intensity of the characters ... how one is truly a product of their past and though how successful one may become in life - can still be a prisoner of their past, perceived notions - and unfounded fear. Very poignant and cinematic. Although I was a bit disappointed with the end, this is a beautiful book that deserves my precious time and so for this book I made ...
.
FIVE ORANGE RIBBONS
-----
A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS
"As with the Kite Runner, I found this book sometimes unbelievable and playing so much with the emotions and unfounded sentimentality ... the characterisation are somehow distorted or inconsistent particularly with the young Mariam (like how would she have thought of these and these when presumably she would have no previous knowledge or experience on such things ) ... For westerners these are quite exotic and new world, and could easily be bought in - but I doubt it is being grounded on reality - having experienced poverty and being from a third world country myself. I just hope I would have a thousand splendid tears or smile when I finished reading this ... at the moment I probably would just give it
THREE BLACK RIBBONS
---

2 comments:

Raffy said...

I started reading ATSplendid Suns... found it boring so i stopped ...!

Gayzha said...

@ RAFFY

We have the same experience...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin