30 July 2009

COST OF AGING DISGRACEFULLY ...

AGING is a fact of life
no one remains young or in their twenties forever
everyday, every hour, every minute
every living creature grows OLD
no exception to this!
.
.
Unfortunately, we think
14 to 16 is young talaga
17 to 19 mature ka na
when you reach 20 to 24 - old ka na
25 to 29 very old gurang ka na
30 to 35 dinosaur lola ka na
how about those above 35 ???
ewan macgregor?
.
.
Kaya we tend to lie about our age ...
but really, there is no shame in being old
those who are "young" now tend to look down on the older people
as if they remain young forever or own the fountain of youth
not knowing that they will soon be "old" too! diba?
(that's why I always respect older people, ha,ha,ha!)
..
it is a fool's pride making yourself better than older people
only because of your age (discrimination!)
when sooner, without you knowing it, you will be old too,
and what have you got to be proud of?
.
.
yes, we are in a society that celebrates youth
and youthfulness (though this is starting to change!)
those who are older but wanted to be young forever
are in constant search for the
fountain of youth
to preserve
to maintain
to look how they look in their twenties or teens!
.
.
who wants to be old, wrinkly and saggy after all ...
not even Madonna
who "almost" got everything a
material girl can have
at 50!
but not her youth
no matter how hard she tries!
but still she is Madonna!
.
.
and not even the best plastic surgeons and
the most advanced skin rejuvenation and
anti-aging formula and creams can fight the signs
and scars of living a life!
.
.
Just like these famous legs
. . of elle mcpherson, known as the "the body",
at 45 still looks fabulous
but she can't hide the fact that she too is
really getting older.
.
Her legs are showing a condition known as
"creeping" - (creepy no?) which is a condition of
the skin making it less taut and firm
prevalent on people who have little fat
on their bodies and spent much
of their lives on sunnier climate!
(I have seen these in really old people
who are in their 60's or 70's ... Now, I am thinking
it is good to be fat after all and I should
just stay in Melbourne instead of moving to Brisbane!)
.
but it does not matter really for she is still Elle Mcpherson, agree?
.
.
.
.
so how much more aging, we mere
mortals of
limited means are having.
As fast as the bullet I suppose !
.
.
.
So I decided to give my full attention this week on my skin regiments.
better late than never, choz!
.
First thing I did last week was to see a dermatologist who
did a VISIA Skin Photography/analysis on my face.
I am not surprised how much sun damage I have, despite
using daily anti aging and UVA - UVB protection,
for the past ten years, since before
i did not really bother about skin care -(I used
to clean my face with Eskinol - si Lola V kasih- ever since
I can remember - but this alcohol based toner is
actually bad for the skin).
.
And despite having a complexion that should thrive in
tropical and sunny conditions, I am already developing
some dark spots here and there.
And of course the expression wrinkles that are now prevalent
and deepening ...
.
.
.
This was to me an eye opener and made me realize
the utmost importance of a mineral physical reflector of
UVA a+ UVB rays. So this explains why Nicole Kidman
is so afraid of the sun or getting exposed to it!
the analysis even counts the bacteria living in your face! . and so I have to spend more money on thermage (skin rejuvenation) and effective skin products that are more expensive than the one that you buy in the pharmacies. . . The one that was recommended was a daily exfoliating scrub and a tinted daywear SPF 30+ Invisible Zinc. . . And the face of this product is Elle herself, like me, maybe she used this type of product very late in life! Well, I have been using it and I love the fact that it is
a moisturizer, a foundation and a UV protector all in one!
How about you? What kind of products do you use aside
from invasive plastic surgery and botox?

10 comments:

kawadjan said...

Gosh, napapanahon ang post na ito ning. I love it that you're not ashamed of your vanity, a little dose of which is always good.

Anyway, since you asked, eto naman ang contribution ko sa discussion... (charot!)

I use Celeteque from Las Islas Filpinas... I use their mild facial wash, alcohol-free toner, and super light moisturizer. I pledge allegiance to Celeteque talaga kase mild, effective, at di kajuhalan.

As for sunblock, I've been wearing it since I was 18... everyday that god makes. Right now I'm using a gel-based sunblock by Eucerin. It's non-greasy and relatively light compared to most sunblocks (not even Neutrogena has any thing that light, as far as I know).

BTW, do you smoke? Gosh, it's the worst thing we can do to our skin talaga. So I've cut down on my smoking.

Yun lang muna...

Mawr beauty tips from you, sweetie.

(What happened to Madge's arms? Too much yoga? Or too much Jesus Luz?)

Dawn Selya said...

You know what the secret is to great skin? Estrogen! It's true. Since I began using it two years ago, my skin feels more supple. Try mo...

p.s. they say that yes some fat is good when you're in middle age... it'll make you look younger than your age. kaya naman pala...

Aling Dionesia said...

Basta ako ang sekret ko purya buyag maong guapa lang gihapon bisag gurang na - pirmi lang ko ug inom ug limon juice ug baghid sa akong nawong ug limonsito kay natural mana nga expoylants... charing! Unya kanag adto nako sa dagat, gabaghid ko sa akong nawong ug mga sands aron mawala ang did cells... Yun lang and regards!

Viv46 said...

OMG! Is that really the legs of elle ???

Gayzha said...

@ KAWADJAN: yes, gurl, we have to stop smoking altogether as this is the number cause of wrinkles, etc.. i have to find and test ur products...

@ DAWN: juicekooohhh... estrogen talaga... eh, kailangan kong kumuha ng prescription for this dear...

@ ALING DIONESIA: tse... limon juice ka pa jan

@ VIV: yeah, i think they are!

Lyka Bergen said...

Gosh! I belong to ewan mcgregor na talagah.

Gayzha said...

Hi Lola Lyka

It's alright, everyone loves you naman ... so don't worry kahit maputi na ang buhok moh...

karmi said...

some contraceptive pills are good for the skin but your sex drive suffers. so i guess in the end, creams na lang and lots of fruit juices.

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to search on the net, only your site explain the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin