24 June 2009

HOW NOT TO IRON CLOTHES ... AND KEEP ON SMILING!

One thing that I hate doing is ironing clothes. And if I ever do it, I have to be in my best mood and behavior, with my background music, and happy thoughts! Or else, I end up throwing them all up! Really, it is so easy and cheaper buying new clothes again! I used to pay someone to do the ironing for me (I mean for us as there are two humans plus one drag queen) who unscrupulously fill up huge two laundry baskets every week. Now that she is gone - I could not find a replacement. Sending these off to the dry cleaners would cost heaps of money - so I have to do this domestic bliss, at least once every week for five hours! But I have been soooo lazy for the past months, that things have gone awry and a big huge pile of unpressed clothes kept on mounting like the smokey mountain. I finally saddled up the horse! So for the past few nights, I have been ironing clothes that we have used last summer! Can you imagine? I wish I could just put them in a garbage bag and drop it in the nearest salvation army! One thing that I miss about the Philippines. You always have some house help, yaya, lavandera, or neighbor who would be happy to do all these chores for you. That is why I intend to live my retirement days out there, and never do ironing in my life ever again!

4 comments:

Dawn Selya said...

That's so true. In the Philippines, we have people to do this for us. Oh I've stopped ironing my clothes. I just hate it. I'll do laundry anytime. I just wash and wear.

And I've found out that the longer your hang your un-ironed clothes in the closet, it will look like better eventually. So para na rin plantsado.

Gayzha said...

Thanks Dawn for the tips and tricks... I will try this na!

karmi said...

Sigh. I wish I had househelp, too. I only iron when there's a good movie on cable. That way ironing doesn't seem so tedious.

Gayzha said...

@ KARMI

Yes, hope our wishes come true...ha,ha,ha! Basta I hate ironing and I am on top of the world when I finish off a basket!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin