22 May 2009

HEADS OFF WITH THE BOLEYNS ...

First, I saw the film a year ago on a plane while going home ... I was totally entertained and my interest on this subject was whettled! I could not really recall I took world history England in high school, and may have passed the subject with primary colors - but never realized the importance of it in my life (until now?) .... And then I forgot all about it ... Then, weeks ago, I was was reading The Boleyn Inheritance from the piles of books that I have collected. I was again transported to the 15th century England ... further research in the internet about Tudor historical facts and details, brought all these characters back to life .... Anne, Mary and George - and all the six queens and wives of King Henry VIII, and how most ot them were charged with treason and beheaded! At the King's whim!
.
Unknowingly, I decided to rewatch the film again on the 473rd anniversary of the beheading of Anne Boleyn on the 19th of May. Now with new depth and dimensions ...
.
History as they are ... these facts highlights men and women's struggle for power and furthering of ambitions to the point of blemishing the severity of utmost human cruelty ever committed. And yet it seems that this history prides to being an Anglo Saxon ancestry, owes unto itself that awe and enchantment. Coming from a third world country - with younger life and history - All the corruption, killings and dictatorship combined - would total to just a child's play in comparison.
.
. My next subject of course is Queen Elizabeth - the daughter of Anne Boylen!
I guess this will be my obsession till the end of winter!

2 comments:

Lyka Bergen said...

Ay tapos na kami ni Jeze dito, Mare.... Stage nga lang talagah toh. Romanovs na kami ngayon!

karmi said...

Hmmm...happy reading!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin