08 November 2005

WHEN I FEEL LIKE A MOTHER

There’s nothing greater than a mother’s love. That’s what I think. As glorified in poems, stories, lullabies, great books, paintings and musicals. A mother’s love is a mother’s love – nothing can beat that ... Today, I am just reminded of my mother, and I thought that of all the women that I know of, she is really the greatest - I mean in my life. The song that always moves me and sends a lot of signals to my epithelial glands whenever I hear it, is the one by Leah Salonga in the musical Miss Saigon. The song that really wraps it all and gives the musical its core value. The movie that makes me hysterics all the time is the one by Ai-Ai’s Ang Tanging Ina. She really makes me laugh - as in laugh. I am not a mother afterall and will not ever be one, but then I can feel and have acted like one a lot of times before and even today - and maybe that is why I can totally relate to all the mothers. Although I have not even given birth at all – being a mother is totally different. I guess it is a state of mind, or a sublime kind of love. Sacrifice as a form of love. There are a lot of women who have begotten sons and daughters but failed being mothers ! And there are those who have not given birth at all, but have been mothers all their lives. Just think of Mother Theresa of Calcutta. And all the gay (mothers) of the world who have dedicated their whole lives to help their brothers and sisters or other people achieve their dreams of a better future. Sorry guys, it's not even Mother's Day, but I just thought that mothers are really great! Anyway, let’s sing the song…(can u do it with the Leah’s style and accent please…) I'd Give My Life For You You who i cradled in my arms You asking as little as you can Little snip of a little man I know i'd give my life for you You didn't ask me to be born You why should you learn of war or pain? To make sure you're not hurt again I swear I'd give my life for you I've tasted love beyond all fear And you should know it's love that brought you hear And in one perfect night when the stars burned like new, I knew what I must do I'll give you a million things I'll never own I'll give you a world to conquer when you're grown You will be who you want to be You, can choose whatever heaven grants As long as you can have your chance I swear i'll give my life for you Sometimes I wake up reaching for him I feel his shadow brush my head But there's just moonlight on my bed Was he a ghost was he a lie? That made my body laugh and cry? Then by my side the proof I see his little one, gods of the sun, bring him to me! You will be who you want to be You, can choose whatever heaven grants As long as you can have your chance I swear I'll give my life for you No one can stop what i must do I swear I'll give my life for you!

7 comments:

David Tellez said...

Yeah, cuz I was gonna say...it's not even Mothers Day. But to each his own I guess, and whatever the heart feels compelled to write, you should go with it. I just wish you would have included a small example of why your mother's the greatest. Like what made you think of her and dedicate an entire post about a mothers love, you know?

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of this song. but I like this one:

"No one can stop what I must do
I swear I'll give my life for you!"

Nice glasses!

Anonymous said...

I left a message parang nawala? Wala akong ginawa. ni-click ko lang ni-tapos ni-wala ni-agad.

*Kamot sa ulo* Tsk!

Gayzha said...

Hi Knoizki... comments are alright now, just the blogger problem. anyway, yeah, you should hear that song from Ms Saigon CD - bili na kaagad or kung meron ka just listen to it and they u will really feel how great is Leah - i mean being a mother....

hi dt...yeah, i should really write more about why i said my mother is the greatest... i will next time...thanks for the comment..

duke said...

ay! I know this song! sinabayan ko nga ng kanta whilst reading the lyrics!

Jhaya, your post made me miss my mom in the Philippines. I love her soooooooo much and miss her much!

btw, I like your profile pic! ganda neng!

Anonymous said...

Uy bago ang Title Page.

Anonymous said...

jhaya,

love the Miss Saigon musicale - and yes, I've seen the show in Hong Kong sans Lea though, it was another girl...

you'll see your mom this Christmas, right? so buy her something beautiful...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin