02 November 2005

I CARRY YOUR HEART WITH ME...

Last Thursday, after my disastrous exams, I decided to go and watch a movie with N. After a quick deliberation, (Serenity, Into the Blue and In her Shoes), we opted for "In her Shoes" as I thought this was a good movie to watch to release my tensions. And indeed! Beautiful theme - an awakening of two sister's "true love" for each other which was adroitly portrayed by Toni Colette and Cameron Diaz. It is a modern interpretation of "soul mates" principle or "soul sisters" as you may; - one's humanity is anchored on another. Like the yin and the yang.. .like you'd go banana when you lose the other half to complete yourself. I would say it is 100 girlie movie that would surely bring you to your climactic tears after series of laughter now and then. And if you are fond of Shirley Mclaine - well I noticed she has been getting all these grandma roles in feel good movies, of course effortlessly gliding through and cutting the edges brilliantly. Highlights - Cameron's reading of ee cummings' poem (wish I could write like him/her?), just opened my tear glands like Mount Pinatubo's eruption- - - whew. I think I needed that. i carry your heart with me i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling) i fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet) i want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart) by: ee cummings

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni Colette is a funny girl I'm sure. She's great in the 6th Sense & Muriel's Wedding.

I need a good movie to watch. I've just watched Jodie's FlightPlan - parang "No withouth my daughter" ni Sally Field.

I want my money back!

Anonymous said...

typo: Not Without My Daugther

btw: the word verification on your comment tags is a bit annoying. I've written it correctly and always got the "error". What to do?

David Tellez said...

OMG! I LOVED THAT MOVIE! Wasnt it so good?! Oh and when Maggie's reading the poem "One Art" for the first time and the other one at the end...omg, it made me want to cry and made me wish I had a sister...

Anonymous said...

ohh your illo is very original and heartfelt.. wrapped together with your thoughts. i think you should join illustration friday, ma friend!

ohh was touched by the poem by ee cummings.. tssk! i wanna watch that movie! have lots of tissue here ready for that! hehe 8)

Anonymous said...

so dami ba shoes don sa movie??? hehehe

nice artwork!

Gayzha said...

hello everyone: thanks for dropping by especially at this time of trouble:

Knoizki - thanks for the tip, i saw the thriller of Jodie's FlightPlan, and I thought it was like Sixth Sense sorta...mix with not without my daughter...i should just wait then for the DVD :)

dT - yES, OMG twas really a movie that we can relate to - so which character are you - Toni or Theron?

velvet - yes, you should really watched that movie, kaya go kaagad with your best mate...

isay - yes, ang daming fabulous shoes...kaya go watch ka rin, i like the black stilleto prada.

duke said...

I haven't seen this movie! I so love e.e. cummings. I have his "May I Feel Said He" poem with illustrations by Marc Chagall. Such a lovely poet.

I like the movies of Cameron Diaz and all other chick flicks! Will put this one in my to see list...

Gayzha said...

Hello Duke,

Thanks for stopping by, yes the movie was really great, u should go and watch it with your hubby :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin