21 September 2005

IDENTICAL CRISIS

I was reading one of my favorite blogsite's post about identity crisis and I could not help but relate very well considering that I am a person with so many personality and characters as well. I am/was always literally "lost in the translation". Having lived in three continents (Asia, the Middle East, Oceania) for the past decade, I intermittently experience what they call identity crisis once in a while, maybe due to change in culture, status and relationships, gender and even weather. Peels and peels of layers - like an onion, we add more layers to our character to hide and cover who we truly are. Hmmm...Self preservation theory, or survival of the fittest. Who am I now? Who knows? Who cares? Just as the color of my hair changes with the season (from brown, blond, red, blue), so does my character and my personality and moods - - - peaceful, angry, loving, caring, passionate, carefree, bitchy, artsy, – and mix these with roles such a (tired and bored 8-5) employee, a (loving but sometimes obsessive) partner, a (dedicated but wayward) son and brother, a (a certified but not totally out) asian gay guy, a (trying hard and frustrated) artist, a (reckless) bitch friend, a new age person…etc…… and then lately being a crazy copy-cat blogger !!! I am a different individual to different people at different times. We all play roles, characters and we all project certain images. Why? Because we want to be loved, be accepted (by other people or by our own self imposed standards) to belong, to live, to be happy … and when we achieve these - then probably we want to be just simply who we truly are. GO WITH THE FLOW AND JUST BE. NAMASTE !

1 comment:

duke said...

namaste!

the best way to be...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin