23 September 2009

I BROKE MY BACK ...

( I think this is what I need this weekend!) Mag to-two months na ever since we started preparing our house for sale. And I am already passed the end of my ropes. I think, I have writing about Saudi, to escape the chaos I have been in at the moment - but now I need to go back to reality. . I think, if ever there are tests to marriages and partnerships, renovating an old house is one of the fast breaker. It is just sooo unfabulous, not funny at all! . N (my long time partner, husband, companion, etc), kasi has been obssessed trying to perfect things. He can't stop doing things even in the middle of the night. As a lighting consultant - he has experience in renovation and house building, so he can do minor and some major repairs. . Whereas, me being the lady of the house, opts to do the conceptualization, finalizing and decorating side of things - which I do very well naturally. . But I hate the dust, heavy objects, dirt, etc ... and though I have been doing it once in a little while in my life, I now DETEST doing manual carpentry work, etc., and promised myself not to be in this stage ever again. . My problem kasi, is that I keep on suggesting things to be done - to have that fresh new look that we want in an old house. This ended up having me and him still doing all the things still - except for the really really hard jobs like fencing and cementing which we need to contract. It is too hard and expensive finding people to do things for you, unlike in pinas - where you can just call the tambays around the block. Here hard laborers are hard to find and you pay top dollar once you find them. . So last Sunday, as with all the moving and carrying things around the house, we have to carry this heavy chinese furniture (actually an old 18th century chicken house) with ornate carvings, etc - from the room on the second floor down to the open entertainment area at the back of the house. Down the two level stairways - I was staggering with the weight, afraid of falling down the stairways with the heavy object. There, I had a brokeback incident, which made me paralyzed the whole night. . Monday morning, I went and see a chiro and with his able hands, the pain subsided and I think he has put back whatever has been misplaced. Yesterday, I went to have my x-ray and will back to the chiro again tomorrow. . The other night, N was again sanding the walls and these killer dust spread with the air all over the house like snow. I was totally devastated - and could not stop from howling and grating my teeth. But there is absolutely nothing I could do but clean up the mess. . With all these things happening, we are still working at home every night we come back from work. We are hoping to beat our deadline and place our house on ads by October - spring! . Hope by then, my life comes back to normal and I will be able to smile and face the world again (Ching!).

4 comments:

Lukring Vega said...

Hope u feel better na! Health is the most important factor ning! Remembah!

Dawn Selya said...

ganyan din kami ng papa ko. we are renovating our suburban home. he's the carpenter and i'm the interior designer at tagalinis ng dumi nya. kaya naiinis ako pag masyadong makalat. i try not to do the hard work otherwise baka nga mabalian din ako. he does most of the hardwork.

take care of urself girl!

Gayzha said...

@ LUKRING

Thanks Ning... i know u've been following my blog... hope ur fine too... just keep in touch na lang... okay na ako as of the monuments... thanks!

@ DAWN
Juzcoh, pareha pala tayo ng drama... well, at least mga home makers ang mga husbands natin... aren't we soooo LUCKY! Thanks for your advise dear, let's just make our men do the HARD WORK, ching!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jase, wow naman. You're renovating to sell the house. Mukhang tough work but I hope you make a good profit.:)Karmi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin